There are many different understandings and interpretations as to what social innovation really means. Social entrepreneurship involves creating new products, services, or programs to address social or environmental needs. Social innovation is also considered as the innovation that leads to a “change in social relations, involving new ways of doing, organising, knowing and framing.” More and more students are interested in becoming social entrepreneurs and starting businesses rather than going to work for established organizations. It is the younger generations with new ideas that are taking the world where it has never gone before.
Therefore, young student’s entrepreneurs tend to come up with new businesses and have presented the world with new and global business models, with sustainable positive impact Students of all partner universities are invited to apply for participation in this course until the maximum number of participants has been reached on a “first come, first served” basis.
Course Purpose - Why ?
The noble purpose of the Student WinterNship Week is to present to you a workshop where participants can come together to brainstorm on how to develop a global entrepreneurial and social innovative mindset. The Seminar “social innovations & entrepreneurship” addresses innovative concepts in management having a high impact, at both economic, social, and environmental level. Inspired by new business models and representing a great potential for socio-economic development, particularly for emerging countries, those concepts are based on a major statement : “Doing business by doing good”. The seminar is adopting an active pedagogy where exchanges with participants are requested while exploring and analyzing case studies.
Questions to be addressed will be :
- Why should we do business differently ?
- What concepts are to be explored in doing so ?
- How to implement a social innovation in Entrepreneurship ?
- And what is the return on investment of such new business models ?
With the Student WinterNship Week of HEM you will learn how to combine social innovation and entrepreneurship through teamwork and design thinking. You will work as a member of small team to develop a business idea to answer a customer need and answer a specific sustainability challenge based on one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) identified by the United Nations.
The seminar is based on intensive teamwork and participation in the group meetings. There will be introductions by specialists and group dialogue on topics such as design processes and design thinking, social innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainable and ethical business practices, business models and effective teamwork.
The seminar of HEM will also focus on Entrepreneurship Development, which comprises Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship, Mobility, Market identification and analysis, and starting new business ventures.
By attending this workshop, participant will be able to understand the clear process of new venture devising and the critical thinking and knowledge that is necessary to manage a new social innovative business. The Student WinterNship Week is also an opportunity to meet students from different nationalities (several nationalities were represented in the last editions), allowing you to be exposed to various cultures, backgrounds, and business contexts. Interesting and fruitful exchanges are to be expected from this unique international experience.
10 Learning Outcomes - WHAT ?
- Understand social innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Describe and participate in a social innovation design process
- Develop ideas for a business based on sustainable development goals
- Engage in dialogue about ethical and sustainable business practices
- Pitch a business idea incorporating social innovation
- Develop awareness of the benefits of becoming an entrepreneur and to come up with ideas that can be pursued.
- Develop basic thinking skills and self-esteem
- Enrich global entrepreneurship thinking and benefits
- Gain confidence and build relation and networking with others
- Develop critical thinking and analytical skills.
Early Bird fee before December 15th, 2022 : 550€
Regular fee after December 15th, 2022: 650€
Included full room and board, Seminar, personal growth activities, and transportation
Excluded Plane Ticket and any expenses outside the seminar’s program.
- JANUARY 4th : Arrival to Marrakesh and icebreaker activity.
- JANUARY 5th : Outdoor workshop at Terre d’Amanar.
- JANUARY 6th & 7th : In class seminar about “Social Innovations & Entrepreneurship” at HEM Marrakesh.
- JANUARY 8th : Quad Activity.
- JANUARY 9th : Presentation at HEM Marrakesh.
- Continuous assessment
- Assessment of group assignments
- A completed and validated seminar will give its participants 3 ECTS
- Participants could be last year undergraduate or graduate students.
18h Seminar between January 4 to 9, 2023.
- Lectures on specialized topics
- Team building activities
Marrakech Palmeraie Quad Bike Adventure : Start the engine and race through palm trees on this quad biking experience in Marrakech. Head to the Palmeraie, the palm tree oasis just outside the city, and board your 4x4 quad solo or to share. Put on your helmet and spin along the dusty tracks, lined with palm trees following the guide and make stops to enjoy the view Then enjoy a mint tea. Suitable for all levels; the itinerary is adapted according to your experience.
- Outdoor workshops
- Marrakesh Dinner and Show in a Moroccan Restaurant
- Marrakesh, a Moroccan city that is among the most visited cities in World.
- Hôtel accommodation : Blue Sea Le Printemps
Registration Deadline : December 28th, 2022.